2012年7月18日星期三

Marotta: American fashion sense

You hate it do not think so, but it is true that compared to, say, the French, we Americans seem very sad. I mean, there they are sipping fine wines impressive in their clothes, and here we are our breathing in great gulps and aircraft boarding in our sweatpants. It is not so much that we do not care what you look like. This is what we lack confidence and are surprised when it comes to our clothes. For what else but a befuddlement was born of insecurity might be responsible for how we are going to loose clothing such as old in pajamas? I mean, besides the fact that we all grew a mite ... difficult? And if we do not go with clothes that are too loose, we are with clothes that are too tight to go. Think about how many of us look like teddy bears in tights sausaged. I bet I look like that every time I try to perfect use in the gym in this suit from the heyday of the Fonda workout only. (Fortunately for the uninformed public that I never go to the bathroom mirror.) I think we all have our "look" these days, in a way that no one cares at an earlier period, men in felt hats, women take care in their sheaths. I recently attended a gathering of neighbors described the invitation as a "cocktail", a word whose elegant associations apparently thrown us all for a loop. We should have fully relaxed in our attitude towards the event. Finally, we would only neighbors, without the danger of operating in our red carpet moments. In addition, less than an hour before the game was to begin, a storm just blew out of the book of Revelation, and the power went out all along the road. Thus the chances we would not even be able to see each other. But we are all concerned, as we do when the sun is finally over and the party begins in earnest discovered. A neighbor came in the classic cocktail party costume: a little black dress with super high heels. But she was afraid she was dressed wrong. "I had doubts at the last minute," she told a group of us. "What should I do there?" I thought, but it was too late to change. " A second guest said: "Damn, look at me you see this jacket?"

没有评论:

发表评论