2012年9月13日星期四

New York Fashion Week: Five Questions for Rachel Roy


  Trainee fashion designer Rachel Roy fashion mogul is out with his trademark polished uptown chic furnishings. Here she opens up about TIME mixed model, policy and Guilty Pleasures

They were at the Democratic National Convention last week. Who do you think throwing a better party crowd politics or fashion audience?
Ooh, I like both! A very close friend of mine actually works for the Obama campaign, and I draw all the time. I went to the head office in Chicago, in fact, like the crowd, I with [Vogue editor] Anna Wintour and other Council of Fashion Designers of American designers went. We visited the headquarters in Chicago, it was fashion meets politics. It is one and the same, it's just where is your passion? But I feel that politics and fashion go hand in hand really.

What inspires you when creating this collection were?
Spring 2013 really started with the idea of ​​mixing things differently. There is an impression that. Combination of flying birds and skulls that I really, and the idea that one is interested things that are so different and to take combine and mix in a way that nicely

Your brother is also a curator at MoMA film. Were you raised in a very creative?
My mother worked in the same job for almost 40 years as a programmer. It is not comfortable, it's not fashionable, I think the first time that she had a manicure ever a few years ago, when I made him. My father has three jobs: he is professor of sociology at a college, he is a carpenter and he is also a nurse in a psychiatric hospital. So, mentally, he is very creative. But it is interesting, it is an Indian immigrant, so we were both forced to work.

She began her career as an intern at Rocawear. What advice would you give to other young aspiring designers?
Certainly intern learn what you do not like really, really important, and finally know what you like. If you want to be a designer, you should take courses in merchandising. You should take courses in the field of. Or, if you do not want this, you need a team with someone who can compensate for this side of you. It can not be one without the other., Unless you just want to have a hobby I would also leave the first to arrive and the last. Know your limitations, we are not quite whole. So if you're pulling your talent, it does not matter if you do not know how to sew. Or if you are a seamstress are really good and you do not know how to cut a pattern.

Do you already have a guest judge Project Runway. Are you a fan of reality TV? Do you have guilty pleasure shows?
I am! Because I work long hours, there are many different ways that I like to merge spirit. One of them is the reality, and I favorites. I see a 12-year-old, they might want Honey Boo Boo, who she introduced me to this weekend. A compromise would Exes Hollywood.




没有评论:

发表评论