2012年12月20日星期四

the idea of those individually wrapped


I personally find the idea of Louis Vuitton new arrivalthose individually wrapped mini-jars of homemade chutney, or the hand-crocheted bookmarks that you see on many DIY wedding blogs mildly terrifying. Who has the time for this?

Wedding favours: what exactly are they? In my short career of wedding attendance I haven’t come across many of them. And if I have, I am afraid I can’t remember them. Sorry. Rather than focusing on individual favours for every single place setting, why not provide a few communal treats that can be shared and enjoyed, and which will undoubtedly save you money?

Personally, I am going to spend money on pimping out the bathrooms so that guests feel pampered. I am going to buy a load of Butterfly Twists fold up ballerina pumps to put in the bathroom for when guests get tired feet. These are pretty little satin pumps that come in their own bag and will be a lovely take-away gift for anyone who wants them. In summer, cheap Louis Vuitton new 2012flip flops from Primark will be just as nice. A dessert/sweets table is a novelty treat for your guests – one girl I know bought jars of old-fashioned apple drops and fizzy cola bottles for guests to help themselves. You don’t have to package it up individually for everyone so you’ll save time, effort and money, but the thought is still there.

A friend was at a wedding where each guest was given a CD made up of the couple’s favourite songs, which is a sweet memento.

The owner of a head of fine hair, I thought any extra hair could only be a good thing, and so I went to meet session stylist – and best friend of Lauren Pope – Aaron Carlo for a consultation. Aaron is a bit of a fashion insider’s wedding secret, having done the bridal hair for a number of editors and stylists who have poached him right off the catwalk for brands such as David Koma and Thomas Tait. He is a wizard.

I have never seen The Only Way is Essex. So I had no preconceptions whatsoever when beauty writer Amy Lawrenson suggested I try out Lauren Pope’s range of hair extensions for a wedding hair trial at chanel wallet womenHeadmasters in Mayfair.

没有评论:

发表评论