2012年12月11日星期二

who was this spoof Choupette?


It was announced in October that Hermes Kelly Handbagsthe three-time winner of the Style Icon category at the British Fashion Awards would be the face of French label Maje’s spring/summer 2013 campaign. It’s the second season she’s been the brand’s face and to celebrate, they’ve launched a competition.

Three lucky winners, one in France, one in the UK and one in the USA, will win a styling – or Maje-ing – session with the British star, in which they are dressed head-to-toe in clothes from Maje’s latest collection for a photo shoot in New York.  The pictures from said shoot will then be unveiled in all Maje stores across the world, as well as online during Paris Fashion Week.

But who was this spoof Choupette? After nearly six months, it emerged last week that the web-savvy cat was really Ashley Tschudin, now the social media director of My Daily in New York.Ashley was also contacted by Chanel within days of her first tweets and, instead of getting shut down as she expected, immediately had their support.

When it emerged that the cat had a driver, two maids and ate at the table with ‘Daddy’ (Karl), it was only a matter of time before she hit Twitter. Thanks to the spoof accountSo why the big reveal? ‘It’s not easy coming up with cat puns every day! Seriously, after nearly six months of tweeting, I felt that the buzz had plateaued. All good things must come to an end.’So will Choupette be silenced? ‘Choupette’s Diary will always have nine lives but my priorities have shifted. You’ll probably be seeing less of Choupette on Twitter.’

A loss for the Twittersphere – but with at least five new Royal Baby feeds to keep up with we’re sure we’ll have plenty to keep us entertained. But, according to Jessica, the colour wasn’t a foregone conclusion: ‘You know how hard it is to choose the dress… But what it came down to is, I really just wanted it to be romantic and different. I wanted to feel like it was really me. I actually surprised myself when I chose the dress. It wasn’t something I was expecting to choose.’

In January's issue of US ELLE, she elaborated even further, explaining how she worked with Valli himself: 'I have never been crazy about all-white wedding dresses, for me at least. [Giambattista Valli] had created that same fabric in a fuchsia-and-pink combination for a dress in a previous collection, and I asked him if he could create that same pattern in a white combination, and he suggested pink. It was a bit of a leap of faith at the time, but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined. [Putting it on], I felt like I had made the right choice. I felt elegant. And it moved like a Hermes Kelly 35CMdream'.

没有评论:

发表评论