2013年7月3日星期三

The Big Read: Robbie Williams opens on rehabilitation, fashion and fatherhood


      His answer comes in two seconds flat. "What If? Jealous. Tell him I love him."

She quickly tells another friend, who tells another, all text or tweet me something similar.

We are women in their thirties, but there is something about Robbie Williams seems to send people, regardless of age, sex or natural cynicism in a spin.

That night, I phone in London and Williams wait on the line to come. It is surreal, the English voice of the North, which has permeated my youth (I was a teenager screaming Take That fan in the 90s, to hear a student of united children's dance and courted by Angels of the man who became my man) say "Hello my darling." Thanks waiting for me. "

The 39-year-old is taking a break from rehearsals for his current European tour, at the Farrell about his clothing line, which launched in the UK last year and select stores David Jones 6 July met speak.

Named after his grandfather Jack Farrell, aka the Giant Killer, the beach British model, with tailored camel wool coats, velvet sofas neck, thin stripe shirts and a collection of leather gloves, suspenders and belts.

"Grandpa Jack was a man of the working class Irish heritage," Williams said. "After the Second World War, when my mother was eight years old, his mother died (Jack's wife). Grandfather had to take care of three daughters. This was at a time no matter how much money you had or you did not impeccably dressed. This is for a time forgotten.

"I try not to follow fashion," he explains. "I do not even like the word. But I like clothes and I like well-cut clothes that last and are designed to be worn for the next 30 years.

"I'm in a lot of stores where a jacket costing £ 2,500 ($ 3,400). And I think, well, why? Pay for the two big names. I want my friends with whom I grew up, in give the house with you in the north, in the pub, the chance of the same type of sewing and fabric to wear but at affordable prices. "

The line is "designed" by Williams and Head of Design is the former director of Burberry designer Ben Dickens.

"If Rob in London we are working in the design studio, or when he is in Los Angeles, I will fly and we will be working from home," said Dickens.

"We are going to discuss initial ideas and concepts -. Books, magazines and, of course, inspired by vintage pieces with my experience, I'll take the time to get these ideas and concepts to life we ??do then work together to edit and perfect. . the collection, worked in constant contact by e-mail, like when Rob has with composers and producers to create good music, we do the same with the clothes -., it is a collaboration "

Of course, Williams personal "Robbie-ness" is quite evident in the full range of specialized chip fork for "shelf" in every jacket. "So you can store anything you want," he said. "Maybe you need to keep something secret law." I can almost hear him raise an eyebrow. "Who knows?"

It identifies not always hit the mark his style. "I had to meet today with a lot of bad fashion choices., But I was in rehab twice for a few months in these years, my mind was not from me. That's my excuse!"

Williams has a round stage 2 months with the same name as his ninth album, Take the Crown, published in November last year, started. After three years of absence from the scene, I wonder if that name is somehow a statement of intent. Is it still feel the pressure to be on the top of his game?

"I am always doing new things, and I want it to be very well received," he said. "Who knows what this is me, this business, all the art moves on a day-to-day, but I want new moves to my playlist To add a professional point of view - ... business, ego, everything - it is really important for me, I'm a man and I want to be loved like everyone else "..

He writes regularly in his blog, often behind some decisions defend titles and comments in the discussion forum. ("There are people in the forums that are really bad for my self-confidence. Going to be a battle, some of the things I read counter. Shall I bring some of these words with me on stage.")

Perhaps unusual for someone who has been in the industry for over 20 years, it seems that always the comments and criticisms of people very personally. "I think most people in my situation are very good, bite your tongue and say nothing or retribution (the unfriendly comments), but sometimes ..." it stands.

"The 'I do not like (the song) comments a bit much, but the vitriol, you rip-off, disgusting, that bothers me," he said. "This is the f - king terrible vile sh-t, the" You have to die and never make music again. Things like that - ow. "He sighs." So I might develop a thicker skin, but it's still a thin ball. "

His blog is surprisingly open and refreshing PR'd. ("All three agreements decent knobheads quarter and could not get a deal in the 90s ... More hearts really run a new 1D than they ever have or any Suede album, album," he wrote recently.)

"Many things, in fact do not do this," he smiles. "This week I was angry about something, and he took me all night I wrote a tingling sensation, terrible, someone who had attacked me attack my email leads (my assistant) was:.." I expect this to my blog the minute I wake up. "Then the first thing I thought when I woke up was" Sh-t - I hope that does not increase, and fortunately it is not I do not forget. . It would be interesting, but I would so much trouble for me. "

Williams will not arrive in Australia this year, but there are plans for him to come Down Under 2014. "I have many memories there that I probably arrested if I mentioned. Or I would not be allowed in the country."

He limited his job because he knows only too well what happens when it burns. "I can not do this job, as I did this when I was in Take That and at the beginning of my solo career. Uncomfortable., You end up going in circles and end up in rehab, burns, and hate the world hate you. "

Things have not changed much for Williams in the past seven years. In 2007, his 33rd Birthday, he was again admitted to a prescription drug abuse rehab. "The majority of people can drink and a few drugs, and do not end up in rehab, f - king careers and F -. King's life that I tend to be," he said slyly.

When he left rehab, he decided he wanted to retire. He sold 60 million records, was the best-selling British solo artist of all time, and frankly, he was tired. He began to live a quiet life in Los Angeles, founded in LA Vale football team and kept his head down.

"Many have definite change in my life. I would certainly retired, and now I really do not f * cking," he laughs really. "It was certainly not want to make pop music, and I really doubt do now. I want to derail everything and more unpopular ... I have it. And I certainly do! change certainly not now definite time. "

He married the Turkish American actress Ayda Field in 2006, and they became the parents of Theodora, as Teddy, announced in September last year. He writes the responsibility to help a husband and father to keep him his demons at bay.

"It makes me calm," he said. "Fear before I delivered. I do not remember. It's scary to think that there is a point one hundred feet, you must fill out and you have to plan for, but many thousands of people and give them value for their money.

"This is a responsibility that weighed heavily on me in the past. This time, however, I am loved, I am married, I have to have a child, the child must be me and really likes me, and I" I really need and love the child and the owner also. I'm finding ways to siphon away the panic. "

没有评论:

发表评论