2013年10月15日星期二

Jake Fisher & Jonah Perlstein

. Many also featured crystal insects. A true collaboration. The bag is dubbed “Entomology”, which means the study of insects. It’s rarely been fashionable. my afternoon pleasantly, when I open python birkin bagmy email and a friend has forwarded me what she calls a particularly heinous Facebook status from her Newsfeed, written by someone we'll call Daniel. It read: Rather, Mr. Valli is barely seen in the book, beyond a few images of him working on his collection, adjusting the details, or in a portrait by Francesco Clemente that shows the designer wearing his customary pearl necklace. But you do see his inspirations clearly, like how dresses that appear to be made of hydrangea blossoms are linked to the sculptures of Louise Bourgeois and Piero Manzoni. Mr.

Valli also included an image of Lee Radziwill and Jackie Kennedy sitting on the ground because it showed the sort of relaxed beauty that informs his work. “This not an egocentric kind of book,” he said. “This is hermes kelly 22cmsimply my method that I wanted to share with other people.” 2012 was a biggg year for me. I left my amazing job at NBC to move back to Chicago. I started dating my angel, Jaime Holland. I started yoga (thanks Jake Fisher & Jonah Perlstein!). I wrote an album with Matthew Johannson. Wrote another album I'm proud of. I got to hang with Owen Wilson, and worked with Will Ferrell on an amazing project. Had a conversation about Barack Obama with David Gregory. Danced. Joined a kickball team. Won a couple awards. Helped my sister plan her summer trip. Swam a lot. Golfed a little. Cried more than you would think. Read The World According to Garp. Saw Apocolypse Now. The interesting thing, for me, is that Prada is as big a pull as Hirst.

 This isn’t about a fashion brand trying to make Hermes birkin pythonthemselves cool via an artist, or even about a hyper-luxury goods house trying to attract attention by splashing arty doodles on product. It feels like a genuine meeting of minds. The results are quite ugly and difficult. So are lots of Prada clothes, and plenty of Hirst’s art. Miuccia Prada is a collector – the Fondazione Prada is dedicated to modern art, exhibiting at the Venice Biennale as well as in Milan. A Hirst pickled sheep sits in her Milanese HQ. I can’t help but wonder if these bags will become art in themselves, or if I’ll see them around the next set of fashion weeks.

1 条评论: