2012年10月19日星期五

Living the American Dream Through "Project Runway"

For a man who had just won "Project Runway" Sholokhov Dmitry sounds remarkably quiet Thursday evening. After the final, with a few close friends in the apartment of his inferno new kitchen, a native of 33 years Belarus is ready, the next, as they say. In a telephone interview, he explained how a former professional ballroom dancer trilingual liquidation, to live the American dream. Hermes Handbags Outlet WWD: What's next? Dmitry Scholokhov: Today was the last of the future, so this is the new life. After moving in September, I spent a week on the beach in Puerto Rico. Obviously, I would definitely start my own brand, but I need business partners secure. I get so many emails from people who want my clothes, but I need to set a business first. Winners are not really enough to start a brand that I trust. You will receive $ 100,000 and $ 50,000 for technology and office space. This is a good start, but it's not really enough to start a business. It will help pay some bills. I struggled for some time. I have become unemployed in the last five months, during the show. WWD: Was there ever a time when you thought, "What am I doing here?" DS: That's the hardest thing I've ever done. First, you are exhausted and need to be creative and design. I felt ready, because I worked for designers for a few years - J. Mendel, Domenico Vacca, Jones Apparel Group. I worked for Jones New York and Anne Klein. It was my dream job. I had my own office and a good salary. I arrived five months before "Project Runway". I decided to go to "Project Runway." My lease is and I knew I would not pay if I lost my apartment. I was a little homeless for some time with friends, but it was very good. WWD: When you arrive in the United States? DS: I came here about 13 years ago on an exchange program. I am studying psychology in Belarus, but I always knew I wanted to study fashion. When I moved to Maryland, and studied English and computer, I worked three jobs at a restaurant. I came to this country with $ 250 in his pocket and a dream. WWD: What attracted you to New York 10 years ago? D. S: I studied F.I.T. and then I went to Parsons. When I went to school, I had co-signed a bunch of credit cards and loans friends that I can go to school. After the first year I had some financial Support and I won some prizes. WWD: What are people surprised to learn about Heidi Klum? DS: It's so bizarre, and has a sense of humor. It is very accessible. I always felt more comfortable with her. I know some people do not. It is the simplest of all judges. She was always talking. WWD: You seem very calm. What's your secret? D. S: I think I have a secret. "Project Runway" has given me. Much time to think, because I had a lot of interviews I had. About my life and I've never really thought about I came to this beautiful country alone with nothing. I have everything in Belarus. I have learned to cope and not allow. Emotions about you It affects you physically. You understand that your health is the most important thing. I studied Psychology. I've learned not to let WWD: How did you get into design? DS: I was a professional ballroom dancer and I train a lot. That's how I started sketching costumes from me. I started when I was seven years old and better career at the age of 13 years. My father is an artist when it in my blood. Other children knew that she wanted to be a fireman or doctor. I always knew I wanted to be a fashion designer. WWD: What's the best part of the whole? DS: I think that's the American dream, and I am grateful that I can live. Many people say that the American dream is no longer alive. I disagree. It's everything. If you really want something and you work hard, it will happen.

没有评论:

发表评论